An intro post of sorts.
I realized today that I’ve never compiled an intro post. How rude of me. So, with some time to kill (and an influx of new followers— Hello!) I’ve decided to properly introduce myself.
- My name is Kaleena. I live in Texas. My birthday is January 17. I’m in my twenties.
- I majored in Communications at Columbia College Chicago.
- I’ve also lived in Massachusetts, New York, and New Hampshire. (My family moved around a lot.)
- I like to think that Leslie Knope is my spirit animal, because people tend to think of me as “annoyingly optimistic.” <— Real quote from a true friend.
- I think Mindy Kaling and I should be best friends.
- Honestly, I admire everything that Mindy is, says, and speaks (or tweets). I only wish that I was as “witty-wordy” as she is.
- I watch a lot of television. Like, in college I could have majored in television and minored in fandoms.
- Friends is the first television show that I absolutely geeked over. Monica/Chandler will always be my fave OTP.
- My parents are from Boston, but I spent a lot of my childhood in Texas. Because of this, I have somehow adopted a weird Bostonian southern twang in the way I speak.
- Some things I like: thunderstorms, the guacamole at Chipotle, road trips/traveling, dark chocolate, city skylines, coffee-flavored ice cream.
- Some things I don’t: I absolutely hate to fly. I also dislike rude people, and reality shows.
- MY DVR is constantly cluttered because I tape (almost) every late night show. I’m a nerd for celebrity interviews, particularly on talk shows that air late at night. Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and Craig Ferguson are my favorites. Of course they air at the same time. First world problems.
- Currently putting my degree to use by: sitting on the couch for hours on end as I alternate between watching TV or surfing the internet (or even doing both at the same time), working at a bakery, and doing freelance web design and PR work for small business owners on the side.
- If I had my choice, I would rather be: the creator and head writer of my own television show. I daydream about this a lot, actually. I already have a cast in mind. And a detailed synopsis.
- I make playlists a lot. Mostly for fandoms/ships, but also for the imaginary show I’ve created in my head because I’m super weird like that.
- Some music I love: Frightened Rabbit, The National, Mumford & Sons, Blind Pilot, Jimmy Eat World, Butch Walker, Josh Ritter. The more depressing the music and lyrics, the better really.
- And finally, my Tumblr summed up in 7 Questions (courtesy of OMGWTFHEDWIG)
Top 5 fandoms you’ll see: Parks and Recreation, HIMYM, Chuck, Gilmore Girls, Grey’s Anatomy
Top 3 celebrities you’ll see: Amy Poehler, Zachary Levi, Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Top 3 other topics you’ll see: Friends, Mindy Kaling, Jimmy Fallon
Do I make graphics? I waste way too much time making un-quality television picspams.
Do I liveblog? No.
My ask box is: Always open, and hungry for your questions/comments.
*About my Tumblr URL: Killerina was a nickname given to me when I worked in sales at AT&T during college. Because I always killed the competition. :)